Thank you for expressing an interest in receiving mental health, substance abuse, and/or developmental services from the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Community Services Board.
How to Begin Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Services begin with an intake process where you meet with one of our professional clinicians to review current concerns and personal history in order to best determine your individual service needs. A financial intake is also completed. Please review the list of items below to bring to the first visit.
We offer intakes on a walk-in basis at the CSB Main Street location for individuals 18 and older. Currently we are scheduling all intakes for children up to age 18. Please plan on spending at least 2 hours to complete the intake process.
- For Adult clients, walk-in hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Please bring a completed adult intake packet by downloading it from the documents page or contact us to request a packet.
- For children up to age 18, intakes are scheduled for Tuesdays 9am-2:30pm and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30pm. Please complete a child intake packet by downloading it from the documents page or contact us to request a packet. A legal guardian and the child need to be present during the intake process.
How to Begin Developmental Services
For adults and children with Developmental Disabilities , please contact us to schedule a screening for waiver services and to discuss what other service options are available.
Items to Bring to Your First Visit
- Completed Intake Packet
- Insurance Card
- If you are covered by insurance, we will need your insurance card to bill your insurance provider. If the services you receive are not covered by your insurance or you do not have any insurance, then you can apply for a reduced fee. (If you have insurance and do not provide us with the information, you will be required to pay full fee.)
- Verification of Household Income
- We need income information for all adults in the household to determine your eligibility for a reduced fee. This could include:
- Wages – recent check stub
- Retirement/Pension – annual report or bank statement showing direct deposit amount
- Disability – current disability papers
- Social Security – current social security papers
- Food Stamps – verification letter
- Child Support/Alimony – court order, bank statement showing direct deposit amount, or a copy of the check
- Other Information
- Social Security Number(s) – for you and each adult members of the household
- Picture ID – your driver’s license or some other state issued identification, employment badge, student ID card, etc.
- Child Custody Agreement or Guardianship – legal documentation
Weapons are prohibited at all CSB locations.