HRCSB Promotes Mental Health and Substance Use Prevention
At Harrisonburg-Rockingham Community Service Board, we are passionate about providing substance use prevention and mental health promoting resources, education, and trainings to our community!
Our goal is to help build healthy youth, families, and communities in the Harrisonburg-Rockingham area. Utilizing the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF), our team assesses the needs related to substance abuse prevention, suicide prevention, and mental health promotion in our community. The Behavioral Health Wellness team works with a variety of community stakeholders including youth-serving organizations, our public schools districts, law enforcement and emergency services, community coalitions, social services non-profits and organizations, and more!
Training Opportunities for the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Community
The Behavioral Health Wellness team wants to bring these evidence-based trainings to your community group, agency, or organization! Trainings are FREE! Our team offer the following trainings:
- Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) – Adult MHFA teaches participants how to recognize signs of mental health or substance use challenges, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to guide a person toward appropriate care if necessary.
- Applied Suicide Skills Intervention Training (ASIST) – ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and how to work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) – This training teaches participants about the connection between adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and the risk for mental, physical, and emotional health challenges in adulthood. Participants learn about how the power of a healthy community and relationships can support healing.
- REVIVE! Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Training of Virginia – Learn the skills to respond to and reverse opioid overdoses. Participants learn how to access, store, and use naloxone (Narcan). Participants learn basics of how to recognize an opioid overdose and VA State laws associated with opioid overdose response.
Want to learn more about bringing these FREE trainings to your community group? E-mail us at email@example.com or give us a call at 540.434.1941.
Medication and Firearms Safety Resources
The HRCSB is committed to bringing medication and firearms safety resources to our community! Check out Virginia’s statewide lethal means safety initiative Lock and Talk Virginia program HERE.
FREE Resources Available from HRCSB:
- Medication Lock Boxes
- Medication Deactivation Packets
- Trigger Locks
- Cable Locks
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can access these resources!
VISIT these Safe Drug Disposal Sites in our community:
Public Safety Building – 101 N. Main Street
Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department – 25 S. Liberty Street
CVS Pharmacy – 1100 S. High Street
Sentara RMH Pharmacy – 2010 Health Campus Drive
Get Involved in the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Community!
HRCSB’s Behavioral Health Wellness Team particpates in local coalitions and so can you! Check out some of our community partners:
Faces 4 Change – A Drug Free Community Coalition
Healthy Community Collaborative
Want to get involved? E-mail us at email@example.com
CALL Us Today to Learn More About How You Can Become Involved in Preventing Substance Abuse in Our Community 540.434.1941